It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Santa is dusting off the sleigh, turkeys are looking nervously at their calendars and the shops are selling out of everything at an alarming rate.
How big a fan of Christmas are you? Put your knowledge of Noel to the test with the Findmypast Festive Quiz! Share your results in the comments section below, or on our Facebook page, and we'll enter you into our prize draw to win a pair of tickets to the Titanic Experience at Titanic Belfast.
- Complete the song lyrics. ‘Good King Wenceslas looked out-
- ‘On the feast of Stephen
- –raged at the lack of parsnips in his Christmas dinner
- Duh duh crisp and eeeeven
- On some godless heathens
- What was the catchphrase of Ebenezer Scrooge prior to his epiphany?
- Bah, Humbug!
- I don’t believe it!
- Not on my watch!
- I hate you, Butler!
- From what countrywas the tradition of the Christmas tree imported from in the 19th century?
- What colour were the coins traditionally added to Christmas puddings, and kept by the lucky diner whose serving included them?
- In which year was the first commercial Christmas card produced by Sir Henry Cole?
- Where does Santa Claus live?
- In the hearts and minds of children everywhere
- In a pineapple under the sea
- He doesn’t exist, you fools
- Without checking, how many lords are a-leaping?
- Which of the following isn’t one of Santa’s reindeer?
- What animals are not traditionally present in a nativity scene?
- Which of these is a Christmas film?
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- The Passion of The Claus
- A Nightmare Before Elm Street
- Django Bells
- Traditionally, what colour were Santa’s clothes before they became red and white?
- In the pantomime ‘Dick Whittington’, what animal accompanies Dick on his journey to becoming the Mayor of London?
- A cat
- A dog
- A pig
- An elf
You ARE Christmas
You’re so Christmassy that Santa checks your Facebook statuses to see what’s going to be ‘in’ this year. Your Christmas cheer could power every fairy light in Dublin. Merry Christmas, Christmas lover
You’re pretty Christmassy
Your relationship with Christmas is love/hate. You love Christmas, but you hate how the Christmas adverts seem to be on earlier every year, and the crowds in the shops. However, when the day comes you’ll be swept along in the magic just like every other year.
You’re not particularly Christmassy
You don’t mind a mince pie, but only if someone else in the office buys them. You like giving gifts, but the endless Christmas music on the radio gets to you after a while. And it’s cold. And the shops are full. And turkey’s not even nice, why do we have that every year?
Somewhere along the line, you’d had enough of Christmas. The endless eating, the same songs every year, Bond films on TV all day. Also no one really likes Advocaat, so why does it seem to turn up every year at Christmas? Humbug, frankly. Humbug.
Share your results in the comments section below or on our Facebook page to enter our prize draw! You can read the competition terms and conditions here.